Most recently updated: 30th August 2016.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then we want to assure you that it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Your contact information including your e-mail address and perhaps your website
- Demographic and technical information such as where in the world you are connecting to this website from and the device and browser you are using to do so.
We require this information to understand who you are and to provide you with a better service. In particular we need the information for the following reasons:
- Statistical records – to see who is connecting with Stops and Stories, for what reasons, when and how
- We may use the information to improve our products and services, in particular to ensure the website behaves appropriately with the browser(s) and device(s) you use.
- Using any e-mail address(es) which you may provide, we may sometimes send you promotional e-mails about this website and our sister websites, which we think you may find interesting.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies, on-line choices and safety
You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
For more about cookies and the choices you can make on-line to protect yourself, and about European law as it applies to the Internet, visit www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Our cookies DO NOT do that!
The cookies used on this website are either:
- essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, or
- collect information about how you use the website, for instance which pages you visit, how often you visit them and if you get error messages from any web pages.
These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you personally. All the information these cookies collect is aggregated and is therefore anonymous. It’s only used to improve how this website works.
By using the Stops and Stories website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
You are completely free to erase our cookies immediately after visiting us, though this may make it appear to us that your next visit is your first. We do recommend that every so often you erase all the cookies your device(s) may have collected. Consult your browser for information of how to do this.
For instructions relating to a number of popular browsers for computers, tablets and mobile phones (including Chrome, Explorer, Firefox and Safari) see this page: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser’s-Cookies
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites that we think may be of interest to you. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, or are required by law to do so.
By continuing to access or use Stops and Stories after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using Stops and Stories.
John Nixon, TheSupercargo
The sister sites to Stops and Stories (http://stopsandstories.thesupercargo.com) are:
The main site – TheSupercargo (http://thesupercargo.com)
At the Quill (http://atthequill.thesupercargo.com)